The day Heidi stopped in to see if we could help her get a permit to demolish a home on their new property was the start of a great relationship. Mike & Heidi wanted to build a modern farmhouse on 12 acres surrounded by grapes they would use to produce their award winning wines. Their friend, Lucia Sakhraini from Design Studio 8, took their vision and designed the ideal home. Our ability to think “outside” the box in terms of construction details and being design sophisticated helped match us up. From taking traditional Italian stucco courses with Heidi to having the entire crew be served dinner in their new home this project was a true experiential journey from start to end. Some of the cool features that come to mind:
- reclaimed Douglas fir timber framing
- real lichen covered stone fireplace with stones being hand picked by the mason from the local foothills
- custom concrete solar cooled plunge pool
- seamless interior to exterior living framed by 12 foot wide folding doors
- custom concrete outdoor kitchen and pizza oven
- exposed closet style climate controlled wine cellar
Featured in Western Living 2014 Spring Issue and Okanagan Home 2014 Fall issue, this unique home is turning pages in trending design magazines. A finalist in 2 categories of the 2013 BC Georgie Housing Awards for Best Kitchen Under $100,000 and Best Outdoor Living Space.